Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Monday, October 3, 2016

Outfit

The Bossa Nova dress from Kitten D'Amour is the latest addition to my wardrobe and I wore it for the first time last night to a work function at the NRL grand final. It's been so many months since I've had a night out; because of my routine of early morning sport, I struggle to stay awake past 9pm. Luckily it's a long weekend here so I had a very rare sleep in this morning. Yes, I was a little overdressed but I don't do casual clothes; I'm either wearing dressy clothes or sportswear and there's no in between. This outfit also proves that I do occasionally wear black! I haven't liked as many pieces from Kitten D'Amour this year as I did in the past but finally this dress was a winner for me. As soon as I tried it on I knew I couldn't leave the store without it. The flower embroidery is so beautiful and I love the overlay. The cameo brooch coincidentally matches the bow in my hair. The dress is a strapless design but it's still a little cold here for that. Also, to be perfectly honest, I feel very self conscious about my arms these days. Strapless designs always used to be my favourite but this year the shape of my arms have changed from swimming and strength training. It's only been the arms as I still fit in the same clothes. A part of me will never be happy about that but there's no way I could compete or do my current routine having been as underweight as I was a couple of years ago. Overall I know I'm much happier these days and it's a small price to pay compared to the pain, anxiety and depression I used to feel when I had the "perfect" body. I remind myself of that whenever I need it. 

IMG_0243

IMG_0171

IMG_0265

IMG_0267

IMG_0227

IMG_0255

IMG_0207

IMG_0185

Kitten D'Amour Bossa Nova Dress
Kitten D'Amour Bow Belt in Red
Kurt Geiger Heels
Alannah Hill Cest La Vie Cardigan

21 comments:

Lux G. said...

Oh, you're so cute!

MELODY JACOB said...

Beautiful outfit dear, Well put together, I like it.
http://www.melodyjacob.com/

nerline said...

You look pretty and I really love your shoes.

Pooja Mittal said...

totally in love with embroidery on dress
keep in touch
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
www.indiabeautydiary.com

The Dainty Dolls House said...

This is stunning doll, love this on you :))) xx

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing dress! You look gorgeous!

xoxox,
CC

Estelle Swango said...

This is a jewel dress, OMG...
Elegance and love in it!

.Estelle.

Beauty Unearthly said...

I love your dress, thanks for sharing, you look stunning!!! xx

Natasha said...

Oh I love this dress on you Imogen! The lace detailing and the floral pattern are lovely, and the red and black goes so well together. Glad you had a nice night out and got a rare lie in as well - I remember when I was working I was falling asleep by 9pm most evenings, so I can sympathise with you! Also, thank you for all of the lovely comments you leave for me. - Tasha

Nora Gouma said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning outfit, I love it, you look lovely as well, thank you for sharing!!!

xxx

www.bridesonamission.com

Silver Cat Tea Party said...

That dress is so pretty! I really love the floral embroidery and love how they give the dress a drop waist kind of look-- it looks very 30's inspired <3 So pretty Imogen!

Unknown said...

This Kitten D'Amlour Bossa Nova dress is amazing, Imogen! It's really incredibly beautiful and you look really stunning for the function! One thing I always have in mind when people told me, in the past (when I used to go to many events) "you are overdressed". And then I thought "actually you are underdressed" :) To feel better! So, no, you are not overdressed :) You look just perfect! About the arms and underweight - I feel very conscious about my arms too... so we are not alone :) Hope you have a very nice week!
DenisesPlanet.com

Kezzie said...

This really is gorgeous!!! I love all of the details! Where is your necklace from?x

Adam said...

beautiful dress

Midnight Cowgirl said...

That dress is darling, and I love the matching cameos!

Lindsey said...

Hello! Denise suggested I check out your blog, as I had just moved to Sydney too! I'm so glad she suggested it. It's fun to follow someone else in the city. And oh my goodness! I was literally just looking at that dress from Kitten D'Amour when I was leaving the Asics store today - too funny! After seeing how well you wear it - I may have to go back, now! :)

~Lindsey
http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

Lorna said...

Kurt Geiger shoes ohh <3

xx

http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Mica said...

I bet your arms are beautiful! I know what you mean about feeling self conscious about things though, it's wonderful you have such a cute cardi to wear to help you feel more confident! THat dress is a stunner too, I can see why you had to have it :)

Hope you're having a fantastic week :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Kati said...

Wow, what a great dress! Perfect for a party!

-Kati

Rebecca said...

What an absolutely gorgeous dress! I can totally see why you couldn't leave the store without it! Love the red and black combination and the detailing is amazing!How cute that your hair bow and brooch match! Such a beautiful outfit from head to toe!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca/blog/

Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina said...

Wow! Beautiful and feminine outfit!
Just wonderful!
Would you like to follow each other? Follow me on Blog and Google+ and I'll follow you back!
www.recklessdiary.ru