Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Outfit

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be wearing the new Rouge Noir Dita Cardigan today (and yesterday and probably tomorrow). Last week, when Wheels and Dollbaby announced that a new colour Dita would be released, I was very surprised as it hadn't been long since the Emerald version was released. I only discovered these beautiful cardigans relatively recently so my collection has increased from zero to three in a fairly short period of time. The day the new colour was announced was so exciting. I loved talking to other fans on the Wheels and Dollbaby discussion group guessing what the colour would be and continually refreshing the page to see if it had been announced yet. It seemed like the most important thing in the world for that short period of time. I was very surprised to see that Rouge Noir was the new colour. Initially I was actually very disappointed as I had been hoping for a pastel colour (I can't believe Wheels and Dollbaby haven't realised a yellow or a pale purple Dita Cardigan!). Also, the Rouge Noir looked extremely dark on the website and there appeared to be not enough contrast between the main colour and the embroidery. I wasn't even sure if I was going to buy it (and that's saying something!) However, as I saw more pictures it definitely appeared lighter so I decided I'd buy it. 

I received my new Rouge Noir Dita Cardian a couple of days ago and it is so beautiful in person. I actually think Wheels and Dollbaby were doing themselves a disservice by posting only a very dark stock photo on their website (although I'm sure they'll have no trouble selling them!) I was surprised to see that it's the same burgundy shade that's been my favourite colour for the whole of this winter- I've worn my coat that's this colour most days for months. I'm so pleased I added this one to my Dita collection. I have so many ideas on how I will style this cardigan but I thought I'd start off with a floral dress which picks up the burgundy shade. I also went for my pink/purple tights which I've been wearing a lot lately (so warm too!). It's not the same shade as the cardigan so I wasn't sure of the combination at first. But I believe it's close enough so I like how it looks together now. I've never been a fan of the popular keyhole look with the Dita Cardigan until now- I never liked how the stock photos showed so much bust. However, I've changed my mind and am a fan of the look in some circumstances now. Depending on the number of buttons that are left undone, it definitely doesn't have to be too low cut. It'll be a good way to show some of my dress underneath too. I can't believe the popularity of these cardigans- I've never seen anything like it. It's crazy that some of the more popular colours, which are no longer available, can be sold on ebay for $400. I doubt there would be any other piece of clothing which had such a following. 

Today we were finally able to go for our first bike ride. It was so much harder than I'd expected. I know that cycling can be hard but, as this was intended to be a leisurely non-competitive activity, I foolishly thought it'd be a simple matter of wearing pretty vintage clothes to match my bike and sitting there comfortable the whole time. I could not have been more wrong. There were so many hills and it was absolutely exhausting. For my first 3km cycle, I could have run the distance in a faster time! I wish it wasn't so hard. However, it'll get easier and it's going to be a fun activity we can do together once we get into it more. 

FullSizeRender

FullSizeRender (3)

FullSizeRender (2)

FullSizeRender (4)

FullSizeRender (7)





FullSizeRender (11)

FullSizeRender (10)

FullSizeRender (13)

FullSizeRender (8)

Wheels and Dollbaby Dita Cardigan in Rouge Noir
Review Bellini Floral Dress
H&M Coloured Tights
B.A.I.T Footwear Gloria Flats in Black

Linking to: What I Wore WednesdayFun fashion Friday Link Up

69 comments:

AVY said...

You always wear color so well.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

Frilly Frenchie said...

nice hues

Panty Buns said...

I love the print on your lovely Bellini Floral dress. from Review. The burgundy colour of your Rouge Noir Dita Cardigan from Wheels and Dollbaby and your H+M burgundt tights look pretty with your dress. The burgundy cardigan would also look pretty styled with duck egg blue. Bicycling takes a lot of effort, especially with a vintage bicycle. Negotiating the hills on bicycles will get you into even better sape than you're already in - you look great. Thank you for your comment on my recent post titled "Fbloggers Lingerie Haul, Excuses, Old Pics, Lingerie News and Thanks to Commenters "! :D

Emmylou said...

Imogen, I can see why you love this cardigan in this shade. Just so lovely on you:)

Ana Vieira said...

So cute!


Blog - Coco made me do this

Red Rose Alley said...

Imogen,
I chucked when I read your comment because me and Jess were talking about the same thing....comments like "great post" haha. I forgot to add that to my list. Thank you for your thoughts today, and it's nice to hear some of the other pet peeves that my blog friends have so we can learn from one another.

Now, about this outfit.....You look darling! I really love picture 3. You should frame that, Imogen. The lighting is soft, and your red hair really shows up, and you look so pretty. You rode your bike for the first time! I bet it was exhausting riding up those hills, but it will get easier the more you ride. You are making me want to get a bike of my own. :)

Have a lovely weekend, lovely You.

~Sheri

Miss Twiggy said...

I love burgundy color... very cute look...
xx
http://littlemisstwiggy.blogspot.hr/2015/09/queen.html

Shybiker said...

What a pretty cardi! The tights balance it perfectly. Bicycling is hard. The last time I tried it, I vowed to only ride on two wheels if there's an engine attached!

Jeanne said...

Burgundy is so chic! Beautiful outfit Imogen!XOXO
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

Silver Cat Tea Party said...

OMG Such a great color on you! I love how you coordinated this with your dress, tights, and shoes! Such a perfect outfit! I love it!!!

Unknown said...

Great colors for the fall and awesome sweater!

www.dressed2dines.com

Unknown said...

I loved the Rouge Noir Dita cardi, I like when it has embroidery and the color is very good! I know what you mean, in the site it looks something, and I can understand that the color and the embroidery color may have looked like no contrast, but I liked it here anyway! I also loved the skirt and together with the cardi I think it's again one of your perfectly matched looks, with amazing shoes! So sweet to pose with the bike! You look always very sweet and gorgeous, and I hope you have a very nice weekend, dear Imogen!
DenisesPlanet.com

Kezzie said...

You cycled in THIS outfit?? I have to wear flat, non-slip on shoes and something breathable!! We have some steep hills near me and my husband thinks nothing of dragging me on a 25k ride!! Ahrgh!!!

The cardigan really is gorgeous, I'm glad you managed to obtain one in your size and you've styled it beautifully!!x

Natasha said...

I love this cardigan on you Imogen, it looks so pretty! I love the embroidery on it and it goes so well with your skirt. Love the shots with your bike too. I remember my first bike-ride and how much my thighs hurt afterwards, haha, I thought it would be easy and comfy too! Hope you get to use it more and it gets comfier for you! - Tasha

Ivana Split said...

I saw this Dita cardi on insta and I was looking forward to seeing this outfit on your blog...I must say you have styled this cardi brilliantly...flawless style choices that resulted with a very feminine look.

you are beautiful!!!!!!!!

http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

June said...

What an adorable dress!~ Glad you got it! Loving the neckline and your red hair!! xx
June Wants It All - Indian fashion and lifestyle blog

Jackie Harrison said...

Great looking dress

Kathleen Harper said...

I've been obsessing over burgundy lately and you pull off this look so well!
<3
katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

Kelsey&Kenecha said...

Super cute look! I love how everything matches, even you hair :)

Florals&Smiles

Ellie Balangue said...

loving the vintage vibe! you look amazing! Really nice post. :)

keep in touch!
http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

I absolutely love how you match colours and you look great! Wonderful outfit!

nerline said...

Beautiful skirt. I love the prints. Sometimes I wonder if I still remember how to ride a bike. Going up the hill with a bike is never as fun as going down the hill. Lol! That, I remember. I hope you are enjoying the new fall season!!

Jo said...

It's so cute that you wore such a pretty outfit to cycle. Sometimes when I see people with such beautiful bicycles and wearing nice dresses and skirts to cycle, I know I could never be like that. Firstly, it is because of our very hot and humid weather. Secondly, our cycling paths are all parks and also cycling tracks and not like those pretty meadows I often see in movies. I'm glad that you got out to cycle and exercise a fair bit. It's so funny when you said you could run faster than you cycle.

Jo
Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

Tina said...

Burgundy is a wonderful color on you!

Tina
www.justatinabit.com

CharloJiho said...

Cute cardigan !

cat eyes & skinny jeans said...

This color is just brilliant on you, Imogen - absolutely love it!

xx

Pinkoolaid said...

so gorgeous! I love Dita's style and this looks soo comfy and feminine at the same time <3

http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

Launna said...

Imogem the sweater is a great color for you... I like the little key hole part.. it looks very pretty on you.♡ Kudos to biking, I could never wear a dress to ride one... there are way too many hills in Halifax.. xox

Dressed With Soul said...

Burgundy belongs to my favourite colours and you wear again a flawless outfit I really like <3
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

This cardigan is darling and it looks super sweet with your floral skirt.

Rowena @ rolala loves

Christina Lau said...

This outfit is so beautiful! These colors are perfect for fall :)

Best,
Christina

Looks by Lau

the INSIDER by fashionlook4u.com said...

I love this outfit. The color looks fantastic on you.

Take care! XOXO Mimi

+http://fashionlook4u.blogspot.com

Chrisy said...

Darling girl...you'll be the prettiest rider on the road...go as slow as you want..and avoid those hills! Much love to you across the miles...

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You are the cutest, love this look. Such a great top, love the bow on the top of it. Gorgeous you :) xx

Suvarna Gold said...

thanks for the sweet comment. I like your hair so much !



My Blog ´suvarnathegolden´
| Facebook | LOOKBOOK | IG@suvarna_goldBloglovin header/button/signatur for your blog

Straight A Style said...

Definitely the it color for fall. Love it with your pretty patterned skirt!

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Anett said...

I'm in love with this look - it's so feminine and the colors are exceptionally pretty!

Bella Pummarola

Unknown said...

You look wonderful! Loving the colors and prints combination!

Tanya
www.StripesNVibes.com
BlogLovin

FASHION TALES said...

What a unique cardigan. The colour is fantastic, and you also look very lovely dear. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week. <3
Back in the Kitchen

Kelsey&Kenecha said...

Love your outfit, it's so cute! The floral dress looks beautiful and the shoes are so cute! Your cardigan looks gorgeous. Love the photos :)

Florals&Smiles

Sherin said...

I love the red here. The cardigan looks so cute with the florals.

Midnight Cowgirl said...

That cardigan is so beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love this look! The floral skit is beautiful.

https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

Kreyola said...

Lovely look. The top detail is a cross between vintage and Asian. Just stunning.

Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

Claire said...

Lovely skirt!

God bless,
Xo, Claire
Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

Rebecca said...

I was not aware of these adorable cardigans so thanks so much for introducing them to me! Love the color of this one! It is so perfect for fall and the embroidery and detailing is amazing. It looks fantastic on you and it goes so perfectly with your outfit and gorgeous bike!

Rebecca
http://www.winnipegstyle.ca/Blog/default.cfm

The Fashion Panda said...

Cute look ! Very nice !

www.thefashionpanda.be
www.thefashionpanda.be

SprinklesofStyle said...

This is such a gorgeous look, you look beautiful and always make your outfits work for you which is the best way to be!!!

Beautiful photos! :)

Layla xx

http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

ThefashionFlite said...

that colour is made for u, how gorgeous do u look in this ?
New Post on my blog, do drop by soon ,<3
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin
✿FaceBook

Mica said...

Love how well the colours all co-ordinate together in this outfit, and the print of your dress, it's very pretty! :)

Hopefully future bike rides will be easier - it's sure to be easier the more you do, like any sport I guess! :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous cardigan! I can see why it is called Dita, I can SO imagine it on Dita van Teese! Love the combo with the skirt too! The colour palette of this outfit is just perfect! <3

Bad Taste Toast - A German/Australian Style Blog

Estelle Swango said...

That cardigan is a wonderful jewel *O*

.Estelle.

Ligiane Meyer said...

Very beautiful your blog! I will recommend it to my friends.
Kisses!

Unknown said...

Pretty colors!

http://www.adelaacanski.com/

Sybil said...

great autumn outfit! :D

Have a great day!
Animated Confessions

meandmr.com said...

Your bike is adorable!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

Unknown said...

love the skirt! so retro chic
Irene
www.thedailylace.com

jess said...

I love the color of the sweater. It's great for fall.

Jessica said...

Gorgeous photos. I love the top!

Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Unknown said...

So beautiful look!
Have a nice day!
Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr/

Caro * said...

Adorable cardigan, you are beautiful :)

Happiness at Mid Life said...

What a beautiful cardigan and love it worn with that pretty skirt!


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

Melissa Sydie said...

A touch of nostalgia. Lovely.

M xx
Lois Lennon

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Hello Imogen. As you know I love you in florals. I adore that pink floral skirt and the pretty burgundy cardigan. The colors are perfect for this season. =)

On Mondays and Wednesdays this month starting on Oct 5th I am doing a pink-themed link-up in honor of Breast Cancer but all outfits and pink things are accepted. This outfit is perfect for it. Please join me. Thank you. =)


Have a great weekend! Ada. =)

Sakuranko said...

Oh very cute pics darling
xx

www.sakuranko.com

Liakada said...

Such a cute outfit!

Beauty Unearthly said...

Wow...it look super amazing...thx for sharing honey...:-)

Unknown said...

Your new cardigan is so gorgeous! I love how the print on it plays off the print on your dress. The matching tights are pretty awesome too! You look gorgeous.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Claire said...

Cutie, so feminine!

God bless,
Xo, Claire
http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com