Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Outfit & Bikes

Today I decided to incorporate white tights into an outfit for the first time. I think they can be a difficult piece to style with shoes and the general colour scheme of an outfit but I love coloured tights so much at the moment so I definitely wanted to make it work. My mum told me that white tights with a pastel coloured outfit is a very 1960s look. I wouldn't have thought of that before but it's so true- I love all the pictures I'm finding on the Internet of 1960s mod dresses and white tights. I have a few pastel pink dresses I'd love to try this look with but for this weekend, my pastel green dress from the new Kitten D'Amour collection was the obvious look. I tried on all the new dresses from the 'Day Dress' collection last week and it's such a pretty range. There was one particular from the collection that I've had my eye on for a long time after seeing the previews. However, I was so disappointed when I tried it on and it didn't fit properly- it was too big in the bust (a common issue with Kitten D'Amour dresses) and the bodice was way too low down my body. I wanted to make it work so much but I just couldn't. However, I came away with this beautiful green dress which I liked a lot more when seeing it in the store compared with the preview pictures. It's a sleeveless dress which will be perfect for spring/summer but I also like how I can make it work for the colder weather too. I find the most difficult aspect of styling coloured tights is the shoes but I think I found a good match for this white pair- I haven't worn these pastel heels for ages but now I've brought them to the front of my wardrobe again, I'll be wearing them a lot more in the near future. I'm really happy with the way this outfit came together. It's interesting that so many of you commented previously and said that coloured tights were not uncommon where you live- I absolutely never see anyone else wear them here.

P1170858

P1170807

P1170824

P1170813

P1170815

In other news, we decided to buy bikes this weekend! I'm so excited! Unfortunately they took awhile to construct this afternoon so we missed out on going for a ride while it was still light but I can't wait until the first ride. It will be a fun activity to do as a couple- I'm thinking, in addition to weekends, when we get home from work once summer arrives and it's light until after 8pm. I decided to go for this pretty red vintage style bike because it looks so cool. I adore the colour and the tan accessories. The vintage shape is just perfect- I never expected to find it. It's from Kmart- where all the bargains are located! Since it's such a lovely looking bike, it'll be great to take pictures with on our bike rides for my blog. 

Here she is:

image1

First picture together
P1170853

Kitten D'Amour Gigi Dress in Mint
RMK Two Tone Heels
H&M White Tights
Review Cardigan
Forever New Earrings
Kmart Holland Vintage Cruiser

53 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo I never thought about white tights as a mod look but I'm definitely going to style something that way this fall! I really love the colors going on in this look. Your striped minty colored dress is adorable and so are those awesome shoes.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Beauty Unearthly said...

The dress is so beautiful! And you look so glam in this outfit too :)

Launna said...

I love this dress on you Imogen with the light colored tights... it really has a vintage 50's look :-)

I adore the old fashioned red bike... I hope you have lots of fun driving it... I want a bike too ♡ xox

laura said...

I have major bike envy right now! xx

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

such a cute dress :)


Saci
ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page

Adam said...

nice outfit and bike

Kezzie said...

I find white tights hard to style too! You look a vision! I absolutely adore that dress! So pretty! Also adoring the bike- she's a beauty!x

Midnight Cowgirl said...

What a cute look! The white tights look really nice, too :)

WhingingNinja said...

loved the lipstick colour you chose! adorable outfit, I loved the colours mint is my fave! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

Rupa said...

Princess:)

Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

Jackie Harrison said...

You look lovely

Unknown said...

I like colored tights too! This cardi is sooo sweet and the tights with the shoes (amazing shoes!) are perfect! I liked the dress, and the whole outfit looks perfect, with well matched pieces! I loved the bike - red is my favorite color! I had a rd bike when I was 10, but now I can't even remember the last time I rode a bike... such a pity, cause bikes are lovely! Hope you have a very nice time with it, dear Imogen!
DenisesPLanet.com

mahryska said...

loving this look sweetie!!

kisses from dubai ♥
www.mahryska.com

Panty Buns said...

I like shape of the pleated skirt of your Kitten D'Amour pastel mint green striped Gigi Dress, and its ribbon, lace and bow ornamentation. I see it's available in pink as well. The 1960s look you achieved with your outfit and classic style bicycle is fabulous.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2015/09/fbloggers-lingerie-haul-excuses-old.html

Caro * said...

Adorable style, your cardigan is beautiful :)

meandmr.com said...

I love your dress!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

Jeanne said...

Beautiful retro chic look Imogen! So feminine! ;)
♥♥♥
Jeanne
http//fashionmusingsdiary.com

http://www.un-likely.com said...

ooooh you look like a doll!! :)

xx

isa

www.un-likely.com

Linda said...

Lovely outfit (bike, too), and you look wonderful! :)

Emmylou said...

Let me just say that I'm jealous you have that bike! :D And Imogen, not a lot of people can pull off the white tights, but you do it so effortlessly:)

nerline said...

Hi,
I am a big fan of the 1960s fashion myself.
I love the dresses and the small hand purses. You look lovely doll.

cat eyes & skinny jeans said...

This outfit is perfection, Imogen! I am loving the color scheme - and those shoes are just divine!

xx

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look so gorgeous doll xx

Lostvestige said...

I have always been afraid of trying to style white tights. But you have put this look together so well that I am wanting to try it out! I love your bike!!

Natasha said...

I love this outfit Imogen, you look lovely! That pastel green/mint colour is so pretty and the tights work wonderfully with it. The bike looks lovely too, I would have chosen a very similar colour and I love the tan accessories with the red too. I hope you get a chance to take it out for a test ride soon! - Tasha

May Cho said...

I think it's the bun and the tights combo, but you look like a ballerina! The colour scheme is so pretty!

May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

jess said...

The white and mint look looks adorable.

Anett said...

I love this delicate shade of green and those shoes are amazing!

Bella Pummarola

Suvarna Gold said...

oh cute shoes cutie <3


My Blog ´suvarnathegolden´
| Facebook | LOOKBOOK | IG@suvarna_goldBloglovin header/button/signatur for your blog

Tijana said...

nice as usual :)

http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie, your look is so particular and stylish!!
XX
Chiara
http://shesinfashionblog.com

Ivana Split said...

White tights can be hard to style, but you have done a great job with this pastel outfit. As always, you look utterly beautiful and very feminine. I love it how you have your own signature style.

That bike made pics even better. Have a lovely day!

http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

Red Rose Alley said...

Pretty shoes, Imogen. And you bought a bike! I love the red color, and I'm so glad you will be riding a bike now. I used to ride many years ago, and it was so much fun. I will always remember traveling here and there, with the wind in my hair and a feeling of being free.

Have a beautiful week.

love, ~Sheri

Unknown said...

Fabulous! love this entire look
Kiki Simone
http://kikisimonefashion.blogspot.com

Sybil said...

you never fail to look so darling! :D

Have a great day!
Animated Confessions

miasmode said...

Omg you look marvelous. Looooove your dress and the cute heels!

xx glamdevils.com / miasmode.blogspot.com

Kelsey&Kenecha said...

Super cute outfit I love the skirt x

Florals&Smiles

Summer said...

You look fabulous♥♥

chocolateandsunset.com

Kati said...

I love the white tights and also how you wear your cardigan here. It perfectly complements the dress!

Have a great day,
-Kati

Jessica said...

You are so adorable! I love your dress and cardigan.

Tania Franco said...

Totally cute outfit, the pastel color is adorable. I also think you're right I don't see many people wearing tights around here where I live in Los Angeles. I think mainly because it's so hot. Have a beautiful weekend!

xx,
Tania
http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

Lux G. said...

You look so dainty. I'm planning to start learning riding bikes soon. Yep, I'm one of those who can't.

SprinklesofStyle said...

this is such a cute post - you look lovely as always and I love how refreshing your style and look is! It's so lovely to see and I love seeing things work for you like this!

Layla xx

http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/sprinklesofstyle

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, your outfit is so cute again, I love this striped dress and also the wonderful cardigan <3
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Silver Cat Tea Party said...

Love this outfit! I love how the black in your shoes pick up the black in the cardigan! And that dress and those tights are so perfect together!!! Also, such a cute bike you got! I love vintage style bikes so much! So cute!!!! <3

Unknown said...

Such a lovely outfit! Very sweet :)

xo, Claire // vonvogue.com

Mica said...

Can't believe that vintage style bike is from kmart, what a great score! :)

And biking around together does sound really fun! :)


You accessorised beautifully with this dress and tights - everything works wonderfully and that's such a pretty dress! :)

Away From The Blue Blog

GlamourZONE said...

stunning,i love the white leggings
You look lovely too

Anonymous said...

You look great dear!

http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/09/paradise.html

Maja said...

Such a nice outfit, skirt is so cute.Maybe we could follow each other,let me know :)
http://www.the-overpowered.com/

Caro * said...

Very pretty. Your shoes are gorgeous :)

Natassia said...

Heels and bicycles! :)

What a great combo.. looking great! :)
   
Twitter | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

Anonymous said...

Love the whole outfit, especially the shoes! White tights actually go surprisingly well with many different outfits and colours - it's really as versatile as black. I like to wear white tights with red skirts/dresses - really makes a "pop"! Plus you can girly them up with, say, a pleated skirt, or fancy them up with a sleek dress.