Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Outfit

It feels like a long time since I last posted and I have missed that. Last week I bought this red coat from Target in the 50% off sale for the incredible price of $35. I still can't believe it. Even though I already have a red trench coat which I posted here, this coat I just bought is very warm and actually has some level of practicality in contrast with many other pieces in my wardrobes. I always love a red coat for winter. I borrowed the cardigan from one of my sisters and I love it so much because it is from Alannah Hill and has a kitten design. I wish it was actually my cardigan but I certainly loved wearing it for the day. I will show the shoes which I recently bought from modcloth in more detail in a later post.

IMG_0267

IMG_0262
IMG_0256

IMG_0264

IMG_0266

As my friends, I would like to share something personal with you. In the last week I have felt very unhappy and the reasons for this and the motivation behind what I wrote two posts ago is that I have just wasted a lifetime opportunity in relation to travel. I won't go into the details because my decision will seem like the wrong one and I have already faced widespread judgement about my choices. For the past couple of months I was convinced that I had made the right decision to stay in Sydney and I constantly told people not to dictate what I wanted from my life but if I am truly honest with myself, I do have more of a desire to travel than I ever thought I did and I do want to see the world. I wouldn't say I fully regret my decision not to take up this opportunity because my main view on life is that choices should be made based on present circumstances rather than what may objectively be seen as correct. However, I feel a deep sense of sadness surrounding this situation because the reason I didn't go was once again based on my fears and anxieties. I couldn't face an extremely long plane trip, I was scared to leave my comfort zone, I would miss Juliette too much and I was insecure about certain relationships that I felt like I couldn't leave here at the present time. It is once again an indication of the extent to which anxiety rules my life and that concerns me deeply. I know I will still enjoy the holidays while still in Sydney because I have many tasks to entertain myself but there are many mixed feelings and an inital sense of sadness that I need to get past.

17 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Cute cardi!

HoneyBunny said...

That's such a pretty coat! Oh, and I looove that cardigan! So sweet<3

Jennifer Fabulous said...

You always have the most beautiful backgrounds for your photo shoots. :)

I love that fabulous new coat and your sweater is SO pretty!

I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly about your decision not to travel. It must be frustrating to feel so tied down, but at the same time have a desire to get away. I definitely know the feeling. But you are young and I truly believe you have the rest of your life to go away on spectacular vacations. Don't feel so down about it! Just focus on the reasons you stayed: your beauitful Juliette and the people who need your presence. xoxo

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Love, love that cardi and remember everything happens for a reason so there will probably an even bigger more exciting adventure just waiting for you :)

Helen said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling down. But life is full of opportunities, maybe something will come up again :)

Kaitlyn said...

Aww lovely, we've all felt like that at one time or another. There'll be plenty more opportunities in the future, and you'll be more likely to take them up now that you've had this experience. Hope you feel better soon x

http://modernlegacy.blogspot.com

Aimeecakes said...

That coat is gorgeous! I can't believe it came from Target - they have some really great stuff nowadays!

I'm sorry to hear the you're feeling frustrated with yourself, but I don't think you should beat yourself up about it too much. Travel is something that's always there - maybe this just wasn't the right time for you to go, but there will be other opportunities to see the world. Anxiety is a hard thing to beat but I'm sure you'll get there

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous look!
Love your new coat!

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

Aww Imogen, you're so young, you have plenty of time to travel :) It will come to you when you're ready and then the world better watch out!

stylenuggets said...

Don't worry so much about it. There will surely be more chances to travel in the future. And things may be more settled then.

Chrisy said...

My darlin girl...I'm reaching out and giving you a big gentle hug across the miles...I understand...I truly do...but it's your awareness that's the most wonderful thing...oh how I wish at your age I'd been so aware of my anxieties...my motivations...and been able to reflect as you can...this is a true gift...and one that the majority of people never master...be kind to yourself dearest...

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

That cardigan is darling!

k said...

i think that whatever you decide is for the best, you know what you are capable of and vice versa, no worries! i love your new coat =)

Cassidy said...

Your cardigan.. I just died. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Natasha said...

You cardigan is lovely and you look so pretty in all your photos. I don't think you should beat yourself up so much about feeling this anxious. Have you spoken to a doctor at all? You could book yourself some counselling sessions to help talk through some of your fears with an impartial person. I understand completely how bad anxiety can get, so I know what you're going through. Sometimes the smallest act can be built up in my head to such a huge extent that I get so scared about things. Try to relax and de-stress and take your mind off your worries. I know it's easier said than done but doing something small like making a list of what you're concerned about can help you work through things. Hope this helps! xxx

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I love the cardigan! The bow detail is wonderful!

x
Lost in the Haze

KIRAFASHION said...

so ladylike on the beach!

you are sweet :)))