Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Friday, April 1, 2011

Purple, Red, Floral

Yesterday was a cold, windy and rainy day so it is very lucky that I had the chance to take outfit pictures. I currently have some issues with my camera so I have been relying on Iphone pictures for many weeks now. I am wearing the skirt that I recently made and that I posted here. I have worn this skirt so many times since it has been finished and there are an incredible amount of tops and shoes that I can wear with it. It is probably the most versatile piece in my wardrobe so expect to see it styled a few more times on my blog. I love red and purple together at the moment. I just joined the Color Brigade at Cute and Little and submitted this outfit.

IMG_0765

IMG_0771

IMG_0773

IMG_0789
IMG_0780

I recently received the Kreativ Blogger Award from my lovely friend Natasha at Tasha's Treasure Trove. Natasha's blog is fabulous so I definitely suggest you take a look if you have not done so already. Thank you for passing this award on to me.

kreativ_blogger_award_thumb[1]

The rules are:
1. Link ten blogs

2. Tell these bloggers about the award

3. Write ten facts about yourself


1. My favourite singer at the moment is Taylor Swift. I love all of her songs, I am amazed by her voice, her song writing abilities, her sense of style, her presence and the way she relates to audiences. I agree with many of the lyrics in her songs, she just expresses her feelings in the way I wish I could. I saw Taylor Swift in concert in February 2010 and it was fantastic. If I could be anyone in the world then it would be her.

2. As I am sure you know, I am a law student at university. I am the biggest procrastinator around because I have absolutely no interest in what I am studying.
3. I am getting married in December 2012 and will be booking the wedding venue in the next couple of weeks (since a few people have been asking me). It is exciting and the combination of booking and trying on wedding dresses makes it all more real. It actually makes me wish I was getting married this year instead of next year.

4. I am absolutely obssessed with the Saturday parody of Rebecca Black's Friday at the moment which can be found here. I memorised all of the words to it last week and I listen to it on repeat most days at the moment. I seriously need to get over this video.
5. I love my kitten Juliette more than words can explain. She has made me more happy in the four months that I have owned her. I think I have a special bond with cats.

6. I am very young at heart and I think that there is a part of me that will never grow up.
7. I really need to implement a spending ban with clothes and shoes again. I have spent way too much money lately but I will get back on track.
8. If I could have one magical power then it would be the ability to be in two locations at once so I could make both of my families happy. This is the source of a lot of my unhappiness and stress because, given the circumstances, it is just not possible to please all of the important people in my life. I know I am supposed to live my own life, and I do, but it is more complicated than that and beyond what I can explain here.
9. I used to dye my hair black for about four years (my last few years of high school and my first few years out of school. I loved the unique look of black hair, pale skin and blue eyes but overall it was probably too dark for my skin tone. It took years of hair dying to realise that I actually like my natural hair colour.
10. I wish I were more out there and willing to try new things instead of living in my very small comfortable zone all the time.

I am passing this award onto:
Audrey
Rosie
Chrisy
Georgie
Michelle
Queen Desi
Hariette
Kavery
Jennifer
Alexandra

40 comments:

Lauren said...

I can't believe that you made that skirt, it's beautiful! A great length and so versatile. I know how you feel about your studies - I had no interest in law either! It is slightly more interesting when working in a law firm though!

Andreia said...

aww so cute skirt!!

makingfashionnotwar.blogspot.com

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

Nice skirt. I love the print style and the color.

Chrisy said...

dear sweet girl...thank you for thinking of me...i'm really touched...now i never would have thought of putting purple and red together but don't they look fabulous! i really enjoyed reading the ten facts about you - i find it hard to disclose personal stuff on my blog, but really admire those who can because readers do feel closer when they get to know something about your life...i identified strongly with your need to try and please your families but still be independent...just being aware of the situation tho is a real step in the direction of wisdom...your families are lucky to have you little chickie...

Winnie said...

Oh wow, I couldn't even imagine you with black hair, how strange! Looking cute in your skirt!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Oh, I can't get over that skirt! You are so talented and that skirt is so beautiful. Again, it looks like something I would snatch up at Forever 21! :)

Congratulations on the award! You definitely deserved it. I loved reading all those facts about you. It just proves how similar we are and how we should live in the same city! We would have SO much fun. Sigh.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

Jess & Ashley said...

I love your skirt! I recently tried my hand at creating a skirt, mine didn't turn out quite as lovely.

amy said...

The red shoes are a nice "pop" to the outfit
and your smile is sweet

x congrats beauty

kisses,
amy !
www.amyflyingakite.com

Becky Tjandera said...

What a beautiful skirt! I always love floral ;)

Natasha said...

Thanks for the link to my blog Imogen, I'm glad you enjoy it so much and you look as lovely as ever here. The red shoes are really sweet. And I completely agree, with you. I don't think I'll ever grow up myself! xxx

Audrey Allure said...

I love the color of your shoes, and they go so well with your beautiful outfit!

At first I wasn't a fan of Taylor Swift, but over the years she's grown on me & I really like her music! I also like how she's so sweet. Congrats on the award & thanks for passing it along to me :)

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous look, darling!
Great job on that skirt!
And congrats on your award :)

xoxox,
CC

Rose said...

Loved reading more about you Imogen. I deffinately like your hair the colour it is now! I use to dye mine darker than yours is now back in highschool for a short time :/
I hope your going to be telling us more about the venue and wedding dresses, I would love to hear!
It certainly is amazing how happy animals can make us, I think my kitty gives me at least a couple of smiles every day :) How is your little cat going? is she all grown up now?
I think youve matched your outfit really well. I especially like the colour of your top.

Rose

GoodFrameofMind said...

I love how this is styled girl, the shoes are so fab as well!

Rosie Savage said...

You look beautiful as ever, and thank you for the mention! :)

Rosie x

yiqin; said...

the shoes are AMAZING.

My Heart Blogged said...

Great skirt, and it's awesome you made it yourself! I love color brigade, it really helps me try new looks I wouldn't have before.
My Heart Blogged

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Your red shoes go so well with that skirt. So pretty. And your cardigan - it sparkles! :)

Wow, I cannot picture you with black hair. Your natural hair color is very similar to mine, although I dye mine a tad darker...

Sophie in the Sticks said...

Very impressed with you home made skirt, its so pretty!
OOOOh wedding build up, so exciting. enjoy!
I actually have 'friday' stuck in my head, its getting a bit much now!
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

stylefrontier said...

such a lovely outfit~ i love your red shoes :)
xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh no, Imogen! Not Rebecca Black!!! Hahahaha. I can definitely believe the skirt is super versatile as it has a black background and tons of different colours in the pattern that you can pick up in tops. Looking adorable as always!

Jamie-Lee Burns said...

You look so sweet, love the skirt, and congrats on the award. Almost tempted to click that link to the Saturday song but I think I might self-implode if it gets stuck in my head like Friday did LOL

Unknown said...

Such a pretty outfit - I love your shoes! They are a gorgeous colour.

The weather at the moment is so topsy turvy taking outfit photos is a bit of a nightmare! Give me long summer days please!

Lucie - A Taste Of Vogue said...

I love this skirt on you - you are so talented! x

Jane Alisa said...

Gorgeous outfit, love the skirt. xoxo

daniela kate morosini said...

i love the print on your skirt! so sweet! xx

KIRAFASHION said...

so cute look and cardi, your new hair is also fab!!! I love it!

Jardin de la Mode said...

Gorgeous! Love your skirt!
x

Anonymous said...

cute skirt and i like the skirt w/ it. ;)

Style, She Wrote said...

Great outfit! Love that ruffle top especially. xo style, she wrote

Josie said...

Congratulations on your award, and I LOVE your little red flats!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

leia said...

I hope the weather gets better soon! Your flats are so cute.

Leia

dotie said...

congrats on the award!
I love planning weddings..I'm sure yours would be amazing :)

eclectic du jour

michelle_ said...

oh dear !
i love those red flatsss !

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

So super cute! I love that skirt!!

Meet Virginia Design

sallyannie☆ said...

I love Taylor Swift as well, but I missed the concert! Glad to hear it was awesome, but so disappointed :( Should I go this year?

Alexandra said...

I love the skirt you made! Its gorgeous. Also loving the colour of your shoes. Well done on the award and thank you so much for passing it on!
I love Taylor Swift too and totally know what you mean about cat bonding!

I like the colour of your hair now, it really suits you.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That ruffled top is pretty to the max!

sallyannie☆ said...

Hey! I think I might have your top? Where did you get it from? :)

Meredith said...

totally love the super power you picked. i myself wish i could apparate. i bet i'll be able to soon though, if i practice enough.
YOURS, MINE AND OURS