Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Darling Harbour

Yesterday Rydog and I spent the day in Darling Harbour in Sydney City. We went shopping, travelled on the monorail and generally walked around and relaxed in the area. It was a fun and enjoyable day but it made me realise how different Sydney is when the weather is cold during the winter time. I think that Sydney is a very beautiful city during summer with an eventful, happy and holiday atmosphere but at this time of the year it is much less impressive. It makes me wish that the summer holidays were here because I love it then. Here are some scenes that I captured in Darling Harbour:

IMG_0008

IMG_0006

IMG_0011

IMG_0010

IMG_0019

IMG_0023

IMG_0020

Next week I am returning to university and I absolutely cannot believe that the start of a new academic semester has almost arrived. I know that holidays always pass quickly but this one has been absolutely unbelievable and I am having trouble comprehending where all the time has gone. I have had an enjoyable holiday but I would do almost anything for it to be longer. I wish I could live like this forever! I'm starting to feel a little nervous about the thought of returning to university and I am scared that my feelings and situation from last semester may return but I am trying my best to overcome this. I am trying to take away some satisfaction from my results from last semester and hopefully the knowledge that I achieved three credits and a distinction when I was so discontent and unsatisfied will help me to relax and believe that I can get through another semester. I am generally going to try and take it a bit easier, not pressure myself and try to ensure that it doesn't take over my life as much as possible. If I pass this semester I would have completed my commerce degree!


Thank you so much for your comments on my last post. I appreciate them all very much! It is exciting to be engaged and I loved sharing this important event with you.

26 comments:

Georgie said...

Lovely pictures! Sydney looks beautiful, I hope to go to Australia some day.
xx

www.janetteria.com said...

Gorgeous place!

Gorgeous Glam said...

wow what a beautiful city! xoxo

noone said...

sweet harbour! I went there when I was 9 so don't remember anything... But I would love to go there again!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

These are really fantastic photos. You must have a great camera to get such clear shots as these! :)

I'm glad you had fun! I wish I had a cool place to visit like Darling Harbor...

I'm sorry school is starting so quickly. I am sending a lot of good vibes your way so you can make it through this semester!!

stylenuggets said...

So exciting for you to be engaged. Congrats. Lovely pix of Sydney. Hoping to visit someday

Rose said...

Darling Harbour looks lovely, I love relaxed days like this too.
Mikey went back to uni on Monday too, I think the end of the year cant come fast enough. Bring on christmas haha.

Rose

michelle_ said...

the view looks really lovely there !
your photos make me miss australia very much ! i wish i could go there again sometime :)

Leia said...

Lovely photos! And congrats on your engagement!!

Leia

Anonymous said...

Yes, a white dress would be nice, like a little white dress. For summer events or something :) With something black. I like white dresses with converses, martens or just black pumps. a leather jacket is nice too.

Ariella said...

Sydney looks beautiful :) Seeing pictures from around Sydney is a lot of fun. I hope you will have an easy start to the new semester. How many semesters do you have left of your studies?

I'm going to be in Norway for two weeks - it's so wonderful being back here.

Kira Aderne said...

Fantastic view, you live in a great country!!

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

I've always wanted to ride on a monorail. Darling Harbor looks beautiful, despite it being winter. At least everything isn't coated in snow, right? ;)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Oh, and in response to your last comment: I'm glad that things are progressing. I'm confident that you'll do well again this upcoming semester. Focus on what needs to be accomplished, but as you said, go easy on yourself. It will all come together in the end.

C said...

Girl, I'm already starting uni here in Melbourne.
Good luck to the both of us!

Anonymous said...

i remember when i was there three years ago, so beautiful :)

good luck for uni!
and thanks for your sweet comment :)

Winnie said...

Wow, what great photos. Also, you did incredibly well last year, good luck with the start of the new term!

Shirin said...

amazing photos!!!!!!!

xx
http://peltdesign.blogspot.com

Indy said...

What pretty pictures! I love all the boats!

Elaine said...

How fun!!! It looks like so much fun. I imagine there were lots of seafood no? I love seafood! :)

You'll do fine!! Just don't stress out too much about it ;)

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Beth Ruby said...

Looks like you had an amazing time!
Fab post and photos deary. Hope you are having a fun Sunday! xx
ps) Congrats on your engagement! Just saw your previous post :)

Amanda said...

I can't wait to go to sydney!! your pictures are getting me excited!! what are the "must-sees" and "must-go's" in sydney?? also, do you know of any vintage markets that go on the saturdays in sydney? x

Unknown said...

This looks like a great place, I love boats and just being on the water, so much fun!

Frock Around the Clock said...

Congratulations on your engagement!! These photos are gorgeous - one of my friends has just come back from Australia after having been travelling around for a year and he's got such a funny confused accent now. I'm also very jealous you are going back to uni soon - it's much nicer than the scary world I am having to venture in to! :) x

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Most cities look better in the summer, I guess. Vancouver certainly does. I was in Sydney in December once, and it was very impressive, but there were bush fires so lots of ash floating through the air, which was a bit disconcerting! Great photos though!

Name said...

take your time with classes and just think that it will all pay off in the end :] i keep forgeting that it is winter below the equator because it is burning hot around here. now that you say Sydney is less impressive during the winter, I think it would be a good excuse to get away from the winter time here.